Well, after one too many calls wondering if we were interested in having our carpets steam cleaned, enough was finally enough and we decided to stop the madness once and for all. The end result is a simple (and dare we say elegant) way to silence telephone spammers forever. Ah, the sweet sound of silence.
Here's how you can silence the telephone spammers on your Apple iPhone:
- Download iPhoneWriter.com's Silent Running ringtone and import it into iTunes. Once imported (it's a tiny file so it should import almost instantly) the file should show up on the "Ringtones" tab.
- Connect your Apple iPhone to your computer and synch your Ringtones, putting the Silent Running ringtone onto the Apple iPhone in the process.
- Once the Silent Running ringtone has been synced to your Apple iPhone, create a new Contact on your Apple iPhone.
- Name the new Contact whatever you like. We recommend something that you will easily (visually) recognize as unimportant should you happen to see the phone ringing or be reviewing your Recent Calls list. We chose "Phone Spammer" as the contact name, for obvious reasons.
- Assign Silent Running as the ringtone for the newly created Contact.
That's it, enjoy the silence!